Friday, January 31, 2014

Spring 2012 - Grue


Grue title screen
This is a game that I worked on in my first Project Development class back in Spring 2012 at Richland College. The main concept was that you were supposed to take this ball-shaped lantern down into a large open cave/temple system as some sort of offering to complete an important life threatening ritual and if you went too far away from the lantern's light, you began to get hurt (potentially dying).

I was in charge of concepts (I didn't know how to do anything else at the time) and super basic menu design. Above you can see the title screen of the game.

This also was the moment that I knew this is what I wanted to do for a living. I had never had so much fun "working" on anything before in my life. I loved the people, the work, and just the whole overall environment. It was just awesome, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 
It never ended up getting finished for various reasons *cough* level designers *cough* <_< But I still enjoyed working on it and I had a great time. 
Here's some music for the game :D (by Ben Guthrie) - MUSIC
^not sure if he's related to Jim Guthrie or not... how exciting! 








No comments:

Post a Comment